Community Bulletin Board
Columbiana Main Street Hiring Executive Director
Columbiana Main Street is currently seeking to fill their Executive Director position. The job description is listed below. Please email your resume to Mr. Bent Owen, President of Columbiana Main Street at firstname.lastname@example.org. Deadline for applying for the position will be September 5, 2017.
TheColumbiana Main Street program executive director coordinates activities withina downtown or commercial district revitalization program that utilizes the historic preservation as an intergral foundation for downtown economicdevelopment. He/She is responsible for thedevelopments, conduct, executionand documentation of the Main Street program.The program director is the principal on-site staff personresponsible for coordinating all programactivities and volunteers, as well as representing the community locally,regionally and nationally as appropriate. In addition, the program directorshould help guide the organization as its objectives evolve.
• Coordinate the activity of the Main Street programcommittees, ensuring that communication among committees is well established;assist committee volunteers with implementation of work plan items.
• Manage all administrative aspects of the Main Streetprogram, including purchasing, record keeping, budget development, preparing all reportsrequired by the state Main Street program and by the National Main Street Center,assisting with the preparationof reports to funding agencies,and supervising employeesor consultants.
• Develop, in conjunction with the Main Streetprogram’s board of directors, downtown economic development strategies that are based on historicpreservation and utilize the community’s human and economic resources. Become familiar with all persons and groups directly and indirectly involvedin the downtown. Mindful of the rolesof various downtown interestgroups, assist theMain Street program’s board of directors and committees in developingan annual action plan for implementing a downtown revitalization programfocused on four areas: Design, Promotion, Organization, and Economic Vitality.
• Develop and conduct on-going public awareness andeducation programs designed to enhance appreciation of the downtown’s assets and to foster an understanding of the Main Streetprogram’s goals and objectives. Use speaking engagements, media interviews, and personal appearances to keep the program and the City in the publiceye.
• Assist individual tenants or property owners withphysical improvement projects through personal consultation or by obtaining andsupervising professional design consultants;assist in locatingappropriate contractors and materials; when possible,participate in construction supervision; provide advice and guidance onnecessary financial mechanisms for physical improvements.
• Assess the management capacity of major downtownorganizations and encourage improvements in the downtown community’s ability to carryout joint activities such as promotional events,advertising, appropriate store hours, specialevents, business assistance, business recruitment, parking management, etc. Encourage a cooperativeclimate among downtown interests and local public officials.
• Help build strong and productive relationships withappropriate public agencies up to state level.
• Utilizing the MainStreet program format,develop and maintaindata systems to trackthe progress of the local Main Street program. These systems should includeeconomic monitoring, individual building files, photographic documentation ofphysical changes, and statistics on job creationand retention.
• Represent the community to important constituencies and the local,state, and national levels. Speak effectively on the program’sdirections and work, mindful of the need to improve state and national economicdevelopment policies as they related to commercial districts.
COMMUNITY PEP RALLY
The Community Pep Rally will be held on Thursday, August 17th @ 6pm on Main Street in Columbiana. Sports teams from middle and high school will be recognized by their coaches for the 2017-18 season. Please bring your lawn chairs and your Shelby Wildcat pride and cheer these students and coaches on...
September is Childhood Cancer Awareness Month
Please support Childhood Cancer Awareness month by wearing Gold. To kick off the month a Pancake Breakfast will be held on Saturday, September 2nd at Bernie's in Columbiana. Proceeds will be donated to Childhood Cancer Research. More details to come...
1st Annual CUMC Golf Tournament
Date: October 29, 2017
Where: Magnolia Meadows, Columbiana
Time: 12:30pm - Sign-up
1:30pm - Shotgun Start
Format - Four man Scramble
Individual Player Fee - $125 (includes 2 mulligans)
Prizes - Closest to pin/longest putt
$10,000 Hole-in-One Hole 15
Contact Info: Lisa Corbitt - Columbiana United Methodist Church
Checks made payable to: CUMC Golf Tournament