All human resource functions are managed by the City Clerk's office. Open positions are posted at City Hall and will be displayed here at our website, along with contact information, if applicable. In order to be considered for a position with the City, you must complete an application for employment, which can be obtained at City Hall between the hours of 8:00-4:30 p.m.
The City of Columbiana is an equal opportunity employer and offers the following benefits to employees:
- one week of vacation after one year of service, two weeks vacation after three years of service and three weeks vacation after seven years of service
- twelve paid sick days per year
- eleven paid holidays per year
- state employee health insurance-the City pays over 70% of the cost of combined (employee and family) health insurance premium
- state employee retirement-employee required contribution with a City match of approximately 1.5%.
- a life insurance policy provided by the City, with several options for additional coverage at group rates through AFLAC, Liberty National and Colonial Life.
- other options for insurance coverage to include disability, cancer, long-term care, pre-paid legal, all at group rates.
- uniforms, for most employees
- direct deposit
- alternate savings options for retirement-through RSA
The City of Columbiana strives to provide a competitive compensation package to attract the best candidates to serve our residents as we grow.