All human resource functions are managed by the City Clerk’s office. Open positions are posted at City Hall and will be displayed here at our website, along with contact information, if applicable. In order to be considered for a position with the City, you must complete an application for employment, which can be obtained at City Hall between the hours of 8:00-4:30 p.m Monday through Friday.
The City of Columbiana is an equal opportunity employer and offers the following benefits to employees:
- One week of vacation after one year of service, two weeks vacation after three years of service and three weeks vacation after seven years of service
- twelve paid sick days per year
- City Holidays for 2018 and 2019
- state employee health insurance-the City pays a portion of the premium
- state employee retirement-employee required contribution with a City match
- A life insurance policy provided by the City, with several options for additional coverage at group rates.
- Other options for insurance coverage to include disability, cancer, long-term care, all at group rates.
- Uniforms, for most employees
- Direct deposit
- Alternate savings options for retirement-through RSA, RSA1 and a 457B Deferred Compensation Plan
- HSA available – pretax
The City of Columbiana strives to provide a competitive compensation package to attract the best candidates to serve our residents as we grow.
The City of Columbiana accepts applications year round and keeps them on file for 6 months. Click the link below to fill out an application and return it by e-mail to Charlene Tucker at email@example.com or Kayce Watkins at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have questions, please feel free to contact Charlene or Kayce at (205) 669-5800.