On April 26, 2021 President Biden granted a Major Disaster Declaration for Bibb, Calhoun, Clay, Hale, Jefferson, Perry, Randolph, and Shelby Counties releasing Federal funds to help individuals recover from the March 25th and 26th Tornados and storms. FEMA Individual Assistance is now available for those impacted by the disaster. For more information from Mayor Mitchell, for information on the types of FEMA assistance available, and to apply for assistance see the links below or call 1-800-621-3362.
Columbiana Senior Center
The Columbiana Senior Center offers a range of activities and services for individuals 55 years old or older who live in Columbiana or in Shelby County. Membership is free but there are fees associated with some activities and programs.
Below is a list of some activities that happen at the senior center: Please see the calendar for exact dates and times. Each week day seniors gather at the senior center to have coffee and socialize and to play cards and games.
- Blood Pressure checks
- Card Games
- Mexican Train Dominoes
- Monthly Pot Luck Supper
- Line Dancing $2
- Tai Chi $2
- Yoga (free)
- Offered by the Middle Alabama Area Agency on Aging
- Home bound Meals served daily (Meals on Wheels)
- Congregate Meals served daily at 11:30 for individuals 60 and older for a $2 donation.
Sewing and Quilting
- Fully equipped sewing room
- Open on Mondays and Wednesdays
- Beginner and experienced sewers welcome